Monday, January 22, 2007

Sanitizer 'R Us

How did we ever get by without this golden goop? I am not sure when they actually created it or made it available to the mass market, but it has come in handy in our homestead more than once. You see, germs are everywhere. Now, I am a firm believer of building up an immune system to help prevent major sickness in the future, but you have to protect yourself where you can. The amount of germs out there or the abundance of opportunity to obtain these germs is so easy. So, I to try prevent where possible. I even have one of those shopping cart covers for trips to the store.

What was it like for our parents when they raised us? How many playdates/playgroups did they attend per week? How many book studies and MOPS meetings were available back in the day? My family lived in NC for the first 7 years of my life. We didn't have any family around. I think I recall having a group of friends to play with, but most of our socializing was through my brother's sporting events. My point is, I don't think we were around as many kids as Rt and I are in a day/week/month. I can't imagine going through the winter "sick" season without actually getting sick and I don't just mean Rt, I am including myself as well. So, every time I can remember to do so, I give myself and Rt a squirt of sanitizer after each social outing just to be extra cautious. You never know when the kid is going to be eating something with his his hands, so you have to beat him to the punch.

However, there was this one time when Rt and I were in the docs office getting a checkup and he put his hand on the doorknob, licked his hand, then placed it back on the doorknob. I looked at the doc in disgust and he said "Worst case, diarrhea". And what sickness came of it? NADA NOTHING NO DICE. It must be due to his fabulous immune system...

Happy squirting!


e

No comments: