Thursday, March 1, 2007

Beef of the Week

Ok, I can't wait for you people. The BOW has to come out.
So, if you feel you have something to get off your chest, go ahead,
but I won't be sad if I don't hear from you. I'll just think:

a) You have nothing to add to my rant and rave.
b) You are stuck under something heavy and cannot reach the "publish" button.
c) You don't have anything to add AND you are stuck under something heavy.

Today's topic: Hair Salons

Do you recall my earlier post regarding my new hair color? It probably looked the same to you, but it was "new" to me. Anywho, I finally got used to it and even liked it, for awhile. But, since I was in the zone of buying $3 shampoo and conditioner to save some cash, I think the brown low-lights turned a little brassy for my liking. It's hard to tell since I don't have eyes in the back of my head, but I think it's not my thing anymore. So, off to the salon I go, again.

I am making a call this afternoon to a new place. Hell, I have been to 3 "new" places since I have lived here. I just can't find anyone who has what it takes. Such a big, fat bugger. I don't have all this free time and extra cash flow to get it wrong, you know? So, here's hoping to a better do.

As I was leaving the last salon I went to, the guy at the counter said that my $100 color job would need some touching up in only 6 weeks. 6 weeks???? That's it? I went darker to prevent going back to the salon for at least 2 months! Great. It was confirmed then that I was in the wrong place. No one was looking out for me, just themselves.

And that is the BEEF about it. I am a walking billboard for these people! If my hair looks good, and I mean, really good, people will ask where I got my hair done. If it looks like it took 5 minutes and $5 to get my look, then it's bad PR, people! No matter how often I speak up telling them to do it a certain way, don't cut it too short, or don't put in ANY hairspray after the blowdry, I always leave feeling like a big lamo. It never fails. I can't convey to them what it takes to get it the way I want it. Is it an intimidation thing? They have the power to really F'up my hair, so, don't say anything or they'll shave my sideburns? Who knows, but I am getting really tired of washing my money down the drain.

e

5 comments:

180360 said...

I'm afraid I can't add to your rant since I LOVE my hair stylist and have been with her since I moved to Vegas. If she left, I wouldn't know what to do. Do you have any friends with fab hair you could get a referral from?

Lefty said...

1) Get a new hair place. Obviously, I can't recommend mine!

2) I just posted my own rant on my blog. You guessed it: cats.

little miss mel said...

Going to a new place on Saturday that was referred by my good mommy friend. She has great hair to begin with, but hopefully this place will be the one that sticks!

Anonymous said...

i'm not one to comment on this subject but, guess what, i am anyway. when i worked, i had my hair "did" every 3 weeks. now that i'm a woman of leisure, my hair looks like shit. coupled with new grey hair that springs forth in triplicate daily, i need the every 3 week job but, alas, going darker hasn't saved the time, money or the stress.

LVGurl said...

I was going to ask... does Heather have a good person? Her hair & color look great in the pics I've seen of her.