Thursday, May 17, 2007

allergeeesssus!

I am typing with a kleenex shoved up my left nostril. Hubs can't stand this look. Even Rt says in disgust,

"mommy, nose, out".

What can a gal do when her allergies are on the fritz? At least I am aware that my allergies are not too much to write about. Only when they turn into a sinus infection, would you hear me roar in whiny pain. Allergies are just a nuisance to me. To hubs, you would think the sky was falling, but only on him. He doesn't understand that you can actually take certain medicines to relieve the pain until the illness runs it's course. He thinks he can take Airborne and all of his troubles/snot will go down the drain.

As he stated today,

"Why is it that every time I go out of town, I get sick."

I follow with this response.

"No, the REAL question is, why is it when you go out of town, I get sick. I am the one that has to take care of a 2 yr old ALONEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

So, this benedryl I take tonight is a cheers to you hubs. While you sit and drink it up with your best friend not realizing you are inhaling tons of smoke, due to your stuffed up nose, I'll be falling into a deep sleep while watching Ugly Betty at 8:30p.m. cause I accidentally mixed my medicine with a glass of wine, or two.

e

4 comments:

BeachMama said...

Gotta love those allergies. Hope it clears up soon and you don't get a sinus infection out of it. I find a hot toddy works wonders to clear things up, then you don't have to worry about mixing medicines, it's all in one glass.

Losing my Mind said...

i hear you- i'm starting to think i'm allergic to grass because they mowed this morning and i haven't been able to stop sneezing- and the smell of mulch? makes me sneeze even more. I'm having a nyquil cocktail tonight because the only benadryl i have is kid's b and i can't drink the whole bottle - or can I?

KellyA said...

I HATE pollen!! I hope you are able to get some relief soon.

PS-- Tag...you're it! See my blog...

180360 said...

I just got my husband, who also suffers from major allergies, one of those "neti pots."

We are currently trying to see if it will help. I've been using it, too and it does seem to help clean out the sinuses pretty well.

I'll let you know if it makes a measurable difference for him or not.